02 August 2008

To Elaborate ...

on the C word used in the previous post, no need to go back. C as in Catholic and my 17 fun filled action packed years in Catholic school, she said ironically. The 17 years are not indicative of an intrinsic slowness on my part that required any repeat performances but of a journey that started when I was 5 and ended with a BS in Accounting - yes, nuns as teachers of the counting of the bean, who knew? It was an interesting journey, crowded with activities such as youth groups, hell, at a point I was even a CCD teacher(Confraternity of Christian Doctrine). And at another point I had a job turning pages of sheet music for a church organist.

There were many intended and unintended benefits, until I started my present job and let my grammar go straight to hell, both my written and spoken grammar were impeccable and the spelling isn't half bad either. But that was of course, the point of being sent to Catholic school. The unintended benefit was in having so intense an exposure to doctrine and dogma, they taught me to reason, and think. Heaven help them.

No comments: