16 January 2023

speaking of luck...

I didn't go through this alone. And I would not have gone through it, no matter how convinced I am that I need to beat the actuarial projections. Dori went with me to every single appointment, every last one. Made multiple meals on days when I couldn't eat what she had made for the family. Made multiples of meals on the days I could eat. Kept track of my meds when I got chemo brain (or antipsychotic brain cuz it's also an antiemetic).  Made certain I was as comfortable as possible and calmed me when I was too sick to deal. And did everything else that I could not.  A & S also kept us in snacks and groceries. Helping with the critters. And Dori, A & S handled the horror when the sewage backed up. 
So I am inordinately grateful for them and my great good luck in knowing them. 

No comments: