05 January 2008

Energy Follows Attention

Ok, confession time, I have what is often euphemistically referred to as a New Age flaky side. While I don't find it to be particularly New Agey myself, I can see where people might find it easiest to categorize it that way. But I shall elaborate, I'm a convert to Buddhism, have taken vows and really attempt to live in accordance with Buddhist precepts. In some aspects of my life, my attention has fallen away a bit and for the new year I've essentially resolved to pull my head out and get more on track.

So in this attempt to get more on track, I listened to a CD of Caroline Myss (lecturer, medical intuitive, theologian and red hot trip) on my way home last evening, she was speaking to the Bristol Cancer Care group about healing and ways in which people can or cannot heal our selves. And drew the distinction between the healing of the body and the healing of the spirit, and how both require recalling our energy from wherever we divert it to that it does not belong. In essence, if we continue to invest our day to day spiritual energy in something from our past that cannot be changed, we are leaking energy. Leaks in our energetic system cause disease. And recalling our energy often requires forgiveness. This is the upshot anyway, Dr. Myss is quite conversant in the language of the mystic and so forth.

Her lecture caused me to recall how much energy I've expended in hatred, and anger and not forgiving and how much energy I gained when I was finally able to let go. I was about 40 and have discussed the process elsewhere in the blog. But the most telling thing about the process for me was that I started to look younger and I still do. Because I don't look haunted any longer, and I'm not because I was able to let go of so much of the energy vampiring I was doing to myself.

So in my quest for self improvement, I was again reminded of just how far I've come and this is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Scullery Dog Sam said...

Hi SharkButt.
If I ever forget this, please remind me.... I forget a lot these days - what with my advanced age and all. Thank you for your words of wisdom and come visit me at my site:
scullery-dog-sam.blogspot.com

Sniffin' your ears ...
Sam