11 September 2009

4 Noble Truths

Buddhist folks believe 4 things that are referred to as the four noble truths. I'll paraphrase because I'm not up for fancy language today.

1) In life there is suffering. (the Buddha doesn't say this but I will - duh)

2)The reason we suffer is because we are attached to things (places, people, pleasures, ego - crap like that).

3) We can make the suffering stop by relinquishing our attachments to things ( places, people, pleasures, ego - you get the idea)

4)The 8 fold path will lead you to the end of suffering. Which I will discuss at another time.


My prevailing reality this evening is that I took a fairly highflying aikido class this evening. I have planted my ass and the rest of me on a collection of 7 ice packs. I am gravity's bitch, and momentum is my friend. Also, fat (mine) does fly.

So I am at least for tonight a very simple soul - explained here above.

Sharkbutt would simply say that I'm a cow and I moo. I say maybe I'm imitating a lighthouse because I'm not moving quick enough to be a cow.

No comments: