08 October 2007

Her Wish is My Command

I was tagged for this meme by the enchanting Sassafras Mama at sassafrasmama.blogspot.com.

1) What I was doing ten years ago:
Ten years ago I was still awash in the maelstrom that was my life, pre Reiki, pre therapy. And it really wasn't pretty. Trust me on this one. If you knew me then, you've seen the changes, if you didn't you're better off.

2)What I was doing 5 years ago:
It started for me 7 years ago, in 2000 in was in gradual school (a/k/a graduate school) pursuing loosely a MPA with an emphasis on employee welfare and benefit programs.... and I said fuck it and dropped out. ...and decided that I wanted to go to massage school. And in June 2001, I started my studies in massage which led to my studies of Reiki, which essentially led to a several year long comprehensive study of Me, the Experiment in Crazed... So essentially 5 years ago I decided to change my life from the inside out and I have. Luckily for me.

3) What I was doing 1 year ago:
Still working on the experiment in crazed that is my life, I tried dating again for the first time in ages and ages. (I'd been in hermit mode for the better part of the last 17 years) And I met a most intriguing woman, a single mama, originally hailing from California. And yes, this woman would be the aforementioned Sassafras Mama.

4) Yesterday - at 445 AM I departed Sedona AZ, to drive to Phoenix to fly home to NJ, a/k/a the motherland. Usually I depart Sedona with mixed feelings and did so again. But only slightly, I was glad to be returning to NJ, but left with the knowledge that it's just a 5 hour flight to return. I returned to a warm(ish) greeting from the cats.

5) 5 Snacks I enjoy. Damn, only 5? Jalapeno cheddar chips, cheese, jalapeno smoked almonds, although, not in cereal. Watermelon - I can eat mass quantities of watermelon. Chocolate.

6) 5 Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: Pay off some mortgages for some folks, endow Namgyal Monastery with some scratch to build a Central Jersey meditation temple/monastery etc. Endow UMDNJ to have a branch of the Touch Research Institute here and give me a job massaging babies.

7)5 locations I would like to run away to: Maui, Sedona, Disney World, San Francisco, the jetty at Allenhurst (which if you're looking for me makes me pretty easy to find)

8) 5 bad habits I have: could stand to be more selective in my use of profanity, cereal as a side dish (often with chicken), lack o' mindfulness especially with some of my more self destructive behaviors, slatternliness and absolving myself of control over certain situations in order to avoid responsibility for them.

9) 5 things I like doing: hiking, staying up late to read my book; working out; reading, making people laugh, napping

10.) 5 TV shows I like: House, The Daily Show, Designing Women, Baseball,

11.) 5 things I hate doing: the cat boxes, really that's about the some total of things I hate doing.

12.) 5 Biggest joys of the moment: cats, snacks, being me,

And I tag Sharkbutt.blogspot.com... because well I know it will be funny.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Well done miss missy.

Shazza said...

Welcome back SB! I hope you had a wonderful trip to Sedona!

We'll have to get together sometime soon my friend!

Hi Stacy - nice to "meet you"!