14 March 2008

Gratitude

Seems to me I ought to express gratitude to the univers more often than I do so here we go.

I'm grateful for my the lovely Miss S and her J. I'm grateful for my friends and family making up all the gradations of that scale that goes from nuts to not. I'm way grateful that the only time I've ever been client #9 of anything was when I got to the deli counter when they were still taking the last of the single digit numbers. I'm grateful for my job and all the things - tangible and not it brings to my life. Including but not limited to my alter ego - Laqueetah - evil attitudinal minion par excellence.

Now if you read that there last post prior to this one, it's rather obvious that I do harbor some discontent with the world as it is. The world being so fraught with pitfalls for children (see Brown, Nixmary - as awful as that situation is) the sex abuse scandal mentioned in previous posts. That nutbag Eliot Spitzer, can we get a big ol' and what the fuck were you thinking for him? And I could of course, go on and on ad nauseum. But I won't. Takes more energy than it's worth and it's energy that I can and will use to put good energy out into the universe. I have done a whole ass load of praying over the last 40 odd years, hell I could pray before I could read. And while I have questions in my mind as to the extent to which my prayers may or may not have helped improve anything, I know they sure didn't hurt. So, I hardly ever pray in Latin anymore, usually a mixture of Tibetan and English. And much of it is chanting which just melts my butter for reasons I can even describe but it doesn't hurt (well maybe the cats ears) and it might help.

No comments: