19 March 2008

The Times They Are a Changin'

I ventured to Costco today, and if one is familiar with Costco, one knows that the witching hours for free samples run from about 1130 or so until about 3 or so. And the selections generally vary among food groups. Not food pyramid food groups mind you, but beverages, snacks, meat, dessert and a cleaning product. So today we had quite the selection - the nearly ubiquitous chicken product - on this day a nugget in the shape of a dinosaur. Irish cheese that was priced to move post the day of St. Patrick, some deep fried turkey loaf, some kind of mango salsa-whole wheat pasta situation and lamb. I come from the school of thought that sheep make nice sweaters not such a nice entree, and well, lamb always seemed to run on the high end of edibles. I shot off a text message to the mothership, who seemed somewhat doubtful that what I report was indeed true and now I could kick myself for not having snapped a photo of the sheep offering.

No comments: