17 March 2008

Random Stuff

As no doubt shocks you, I come from a long, long line of what in polite company is often referred to as smart alecks. Last night I was out for dinner with the parental units a/k/a Lil and Rupe and the youngest sister a/k/a Boog. We were dining in a small family owned and operated restaurant as my parents have dined with fair regularity for probably close to 30 years. And by fair regularity I mean weekly, but alas I digress. So one of our fellow patrons at an adjacent table is on the cell phone and Rupe and I find it hard to resist answering the questions she is asking of the party on the other side of the phone call (and by the way, she's initiating thhe phone calls... tacky) so at a point she says to her conversant, 'so are you alright?' My retort is I'm a tattooed bliss kitten, with a killer rack and an ass that won't quit. Rupe and Boog inhale their respective sips of beverage before choking with laughter. Lil doesn't hear me so I have to repeat myself, of course, this is the time when the background music fades to silence, so the other 10 people in the restaurant hear this revelation about me in all its descriptive glory to my motherships everlasting horror.

Speaking of everlasting horror, do you think former governor McGreevey and his estranged wife were expecting to be outted on the front page of the NY Post? And is it too too much to ask that their daughter be spared any of this at all?

2 comments:

Shazza said...

Hey there tatooed bliss kitten - I hate it when people talk on the cell phones at restaurants...that is so rude!

Hot damn about Dina! Another reason I do not want to be in the public eye...all those skeletons start dancing out of the closet!

Shark Butt said...

I say talking on cell phones in public is just asking for trouble or at the very least smart aleck remarks.

Lord, no wonder Jim had to come out the closet, there wasn't any room.