13 April 2008

Son of a ...

I am a recovering worry addict, back when I was an active worry addict my major household concern was the hot water heater (yes, I realize, it might ought to have been the propensity for leaving the house with a stove burner on, but I digress.) My concern about the hot water heater was such that I replaced it first thing upon moving here ten years ago. Since said hot water heater does not appear to be panned (have a drain pan beneath it, in order that it might drain into said pan instead of say the kitchen ceiling) my concern was that it let rip and flood me house. Well, the good news is that it didn't do that. The leakage was small and relatively minor but of course, I discover it after 9 oclock last night. So, had to drain hot water heater, which should have been the hard part and was not. And had to turn the water off to the HWH which should have been the easy part but was not.

So yes, I blathering about all this to put off the inevitable cold shower and duly researching the magic that is a tankless hot water heater.

2 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Yegods, I'm having PTSD. My hot water tank decided to go kerblooey on the friday night (about 10pm) of a holiday weekend. And yes, what you've heard about me being the unhandiest girl on earth is true true true.

With my usual uncanny ability to zoom in on the tiniest irregularity, I knew when I walked into my kitchen in my slippers, that hey, this is my perfect opportunity recreate Sea World in my own home.

As for leaving the burners on....raging infernos have the side benefit of making it easy to meet hot firefighters of either gender. And the reds and golds of the flames are flattering to the skin, even moreso than Pepto Bismol masks.

Ok, well....Bosco says I have to get off the comp now, he wants to talk to Sharkbutt.

Shark Butt said...

Even my smoke alarm troubles that resulted in 3 visits the same day from the firefighters resulted in no hot female firefighters, sigh!