10 September 2007

Arrggghhh!

Was sent to mandatory training today. This was approximately 2 months after I had to participate in mandatory system testing. And how might one test a computer system without a)having been trained or b)have the system be relatively intuitive (and as it turned out impossible for me to break - which has not happened before, breaking stuff is one of my best things, but I digress) So does this sound assbackward to you? Yes, to me too. And I was in the class with a lot of the dumb kids.

We're using what is essentially a relational database with ability to send email and correspondence. It ain't brain surgery by any stretch of the imagination. And while the database is searching, it greys out. So this one rocket scientist, says ooooh, I've still got a grey box. I'd shut my filters off so out of my mouth pops, "sounds like a personal problem to me.", in my Irish stage whisper, and people fell out. I was asked to leave class and that made me exceedingly happy.

No comments: