07 September 2007

Strolling

The mothership and I took a stroll on one of the local boardwalks yesterday. She allowed as how she thought that boardwalk was a mile long, 'but we're moving slowly here, we've been walking for almost an hour and half and it should not take that long to walk 2 miles.' Well, lemme tell you this about that. This particular boardwalk is 2.5 miles long so we walked 5 miles in well under 2 hours. As I have one speed in my personal transmission and that speed is a saunter, and not a particularly brisk saunter this was pretty entertaining to me.

In chatting with the mothership, I was suprised to learn that she and the fathership have of late been frequenting Hooters, despite being offended by the charges for celery that appear on the lunch check. Who knew?

No comments: