18 December 2007

The Adventure That Is My Day Job

In addition to the kinds of year end stuff that one does when one is queen of payroll, I'm currently involved in system testing web applications that we are rolling out to the constituency soon. So the system testing is occuring in my spare time, and there is not much of it.

In addition to all the silliness, the USPS is on an absolute tear about address integrity and have thus far returned about 20K (or 17%) of the documents we sent out for 1 December. So people are kind of irate at us because the USPS is not delivering their mail. And it's my problem to solve, because in addition to my special powers of omniscience, bilocations and mind reading I'm also in charge of the United States Postal Service North East Operation. So.... way.... not.....! But try telling the clients that.

So that's my story. The good news, is that they spell my name write on my direct deposit and they get it into my account.

1 comment:

Shazza said...

I always knew you had great powers SB!

AND - you've improved my vocabulary, I had to look up bilocation.

Thanks for that!