08 December 2007

Tell Me A Story

Tell me a story please....

Okay, so Fran tagged DCup who then tagged Wyldth1ng, who in turn tagged The Village Carpenter who knew that she could tag me, with an unusual story-building "meme" that was started by Splotchy who wrote...Here's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out. So I was tagged by Shazza and we're off on this story rampage.

________________________________________________________________
I woke up hungry. I pulled my bedroom curtain to the side and looked out on a hazy morning. I dragged myself into the kitchen, in search of something to eat. I reached for a jar of applesauce sitting next to the sink, and found it very cold to the touch. I opened the jar and realized it was frozen. (Splotchy)

"That's strange," I said out loud to no one in particular. My fingers slowly reached towards the jar again. My body experienced a wave of apprehension as weighted blanket covering me as I did so. The jar was completely frozen.I picked it up and stared at it, my fingers stung with little knives of chill. "What the..." again I spoke aloud. Then I realized what had happened with a shock. Suddenly the jar flew from my hand. It shattered creating a collage-like mixture of frozen applesauce and glass shards on my kitchen floor, the lid lazily rolling to a stop across the room.(FranIam)



I stood for a moment considering what all this meant. Oh, I knew what it meant, I didn’t need to waste time thinking about it. He was back. And he was mad.I ran down the hallway and flung open the door at the end. I was immediately hit with a blast of cold. I took a step back as I tried to catch my breath. I bent over, hands on my knees panting. He always had this remarkable effect on me. After so much time, it no longer scared me, but it was a shock nonetheless……“You know,” I panted, “There’s no need to break things to get myattention.” (DCup)


I woke up hungry. I rolled out of bed smacking my alarm clock that was singing Carly Simon and thinking to myself I have to stop eating pizza right before bed and then sleeping till noon. I must remember to change that station to something that will actually wake me.
Stubbing my toe on my boots on my way to the kitchen, I glanced sideways down the hall and caught the dead body out of the corner of my eye. (Wyldth1ng)


I rubbed my eyes, not wanting to believe them, looked again, and then sprang headlong into the living room. Oh God, no! I dropped to my knees, hot tears erupting and blurring my vision. NO!!! In the name of all that is good and right, why him? Why HIM?!
It was Jerry. My pet cockroach. Somehow, he'd gotten loose from the little flat I'd made for him and was...what? Seeking adventure? Overtaken by wanderlust? I glanced over at his little apartment. His tiny divan with the embroidered "J" sitting empty, his six little booties all lined up under his chiffarobe. Oh, his feet must cold. I touched them, ever so gently. What's this? Do I detect a hint of warmth? My heart leapt, I dropped lower, pressing my mouth to his and breathing two little puffs of air. Pulling back, I gently pushed 1, 2, 3.....30 times on his minute chest. More air, more pushing. To no avail. It was too late. Too late for my little Jerry. I sat back, exhausted, still weeping, licked my lips and tasted....tasted....applesauce? (The Village Carpenter)



I immediately knew poor little Jerry was the victim of foul play - he's allergic to applesauce. I was going to find the bastard that lured Jerry in with it's creamy sweetness knowing that he would gorge himself, as it was his only weakness.

I scooped up ol' Jerry in my hands, gave him one last little kiss good bye and then flushed him down the toilet. "Good by ol' buddy...I will miss you. You were one in a million." I walked across the room to get my bright orange Crocs (yeah, they are ugly, but boy are they comfortable). As I padded across the floor my foot stepped on something sharp. Glass! "Where did this come from?" I wondered as I picked up a shard and examined it closely. I could see the label from the shattered jar that was splintered out in hundreds of pieces across my new purple and red Mowhawk Berger carpet. "It wasn't even organic applesauce!" I cried. The anger gripped me like a vice. (Shazza)

As I bent to clean up the rest of the applesauce and shards of glass, the real poor little Jerry scurried atop my left foot, as I looked deeply into his eyes, I wondered who was the poor deceased interloper I'd so recently and ceremoniously flushed down the toilet? And how did the decendent get into my house? Needing a plastic bag with which to remediate the balance of the sinister applesaucian disaster and carnage, I unpacked the treats from the PetCo bag and noticed both the treats and the bag had been gnawed. Hmmm, had I inadvertantly shoplifted a pet from PetCo? Heaven knows it would not be the first time! (Sharkb)

I'm tagging SassafrasMama.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shnazzy