10 December 2007

Christmas Meme

Christmas Meme

I found this meme on Shazza's blog and thought I would play along too!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - I am exquisitely disorganized. So sometimes it's neither.

2. Real tree or artificial? I love the scent of a real tree, but I have evil cats and oh yeah I'm Buddhist. So there is a fake palm tree up all year in my house and it's usually festooned with prayer flags and decorations of a flamingo-y ilk.


3. When do you put up the tree? It's been up since July 2004.

4. When do you take the tree down? I don't

5. Do you like eggnog? I used to back when I enjoyed a cocktail

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A bat.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeah, unless I regifted it.

8. Hardest person to buy for? The parental units.

9. Easiest person to buy for? the cats. oh, they're not people to everyone. My sister M, she gives very explicit instructions.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I usually send out Losar cards (Tibetan New Year) and not just because it gives me until February.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a fifth of really good scotch, the December after I got sober. Took me a long time to give that away.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch That Stole Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It depends. I sometimes buy Christmas gifts when I travel if I find unique things. I seldom complete my shopping before 12-27.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I've done it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like color

17. Favorite Christmas song? As I was gainfully employed as an assistant to a church organist during some of my time in Scranton, I am rather enamored of the old churchy favorites especially O' Come Emmanuel.


17b. Christmas Song That, When You Hear It, Makes Your Eyes Bleed And Your Brains Start To Leak Out Your Ears, Because That Is Less Painful Than Having To Listen To That *&%^&$# Song One More Time! Anything in the vein of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" (obnoxious!) or Dominic the fucking Donkey

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I don't cook so often rely on the kindness of family or friends.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Santa has reincows not reindeer and they're named Trixie, Bubbles, Boom Boom, Busty,
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nada

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Generally morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic

24. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Making a special breakfast for the catz.

25. Outdoor decorations? All pink flamingos all the time.
If you want to play! Please do!

No comments: