15 October 2006

Bachelorette Parties

I lunch daily with an extraordinary group of women, they were mentioned in the posting entitled the language of love. (shut the fuck up means I love you in the language we all speak) One of them, N is getting married at the end of the month. This wedding has been a year in the planning and as we come down to the wire the preparatory rituals have commenced. So we celebrated the bachelorette party Friday evening. This involved a visit to a nightclub in PA, this place is apparently known as the biggest wrinkle bar/meat market in the South Jersey/Philadelphia/Delaware suburbs or as my acquaintance D calls it the 4th circle of Dante's Inferno. I will confess to not spending much time in the strange twilight world of the heterosexual, as I am not. And if one is not headless, one can discern this without too much effort. Well, two gentlemen asked me to dance and as this would interfere with my view of my friends cleavage, I demurred. And do think to myself, what are ya blind, buddy? could I look any dykier?

No comments: