23 October 2006

Confession Time

I know the cure for cancer. It's money. Could it be found in the human genome? Maybe? Could in be found in mitochondrial structures? Perhaps. But the only way to find that out is through research and the only way to fund research is with money. For many, many years one of my dearest friends has been A, who is also known as the matriarch of cancer research in NJ. She is crazed with passion about cancer research. I have learned at her knee the value of basic scientific research in the fight against cancer. She is also affiliated with this crowd: http://www.komencsnj.org/. They will have 15,000 plus people walking at the Race for the Cure in Princeton this weekend to raise money to fight breast cancer. For a number of reasons, not the least of which being that I've got two of them not far from my chin, breast cancer is very near and dear to my heart. So if you can, walk, donate but be sure to examine your breasts, when it's time for the squish get it. And get a check up every year.

No comments: