23 October 2006

Why I Need Patience...

Because some of the clients find it to be too much of an inconvenience to communicate their new addresses to us, we have boxes of checks that have been returned by the postal service. I was fishing through them because it's one of the things I do, in my spare time, and it's done generally because once we've got 3 or 4 checks back there's a good chance that the forwarding address is not on this plane of existence.

For the others, people will call in their new addresses and then we will mail the check back out to them. Sooooooooooo, one of the prizes asks me do I have a check for Weems. I say what's the first name. John is the response I get. I don't have a check for John Weems. I don't have a check for anybody Weems. Client Services says it's on the list. I say ok, spell the last name. W-i-l-l-i-a-m-s. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Who knew I had to be bilingual for this damned job?

No comments: