12 February 2008

Fresh Hell Damn, I Scare Me

My Uncle Jim used to say it's better to be lucky than good. Uncle Jim had a lot of choice sayings but that will be a subject for another day. I made a pot of chili today, commenced making it about 1045am (this becomes important later), it has to simmer for about an hour after the meat has been browned and so forth. So let's say it was done at noon. I put it into containers in the fridge. And went upstairs to shower and meet the 'rents for lunch. Come back from lunch and decide it's time to nap. Take a look at the chili pot and think this needs some soapy water in it. And went up for my nap. Came back down from the nap and went into the kitchen for some ice water and notice that the burner flame is still on under the chili pot. Yes, 6 hours later and I'd left the house. How lucky am I that my house didn't burn down? Pretty freakin' lucky.

1 comment:

Shazza said...

Someone/thing was watching over you Missy!

Glad you are all safe and sound and still have a home!