07 February 2008

Zicam Is the Shizzizzle

For some reason, this winter has plagued me with 3, count them 3 head colds. I hate head colds. It's not unusual for me to get one a year but 3 and it's only the first week in February is a bit extreme. I had been taking an assortment of herbal cold remedies and immune booster deals. Olive leaf extract being a key ingredient, in addition to the vitamin C. Vitamin C and I have a very challenging relationship but more on that later. When I came home from work on Tuesday the onset of the cold was sudden and throat grabbing. I was a desperate girl, so I followed the directions and shot Zicam up my nostrils q 2 hrs as advised (somewhere online not in the accompanying literature) and today, 2 days later, it's almost gone. I've still got a little hoarseness. But everything else is gone including the earache. This rocks!

Zicam is fabulous!

2 comments:

susin said...

in the course of googling shark puppy i came across sharkbutt's blog. my 3 cats & i have been giggling over some of her entries - anyhoo - i wanted to ask about your zicam use- i took it for a evil cold a couple of years ago - got rid of the cold & much of my sense of smell along with it. did you have this problem?

Shark Butt said...

Hi Susin,
My zicam use did not seem to effect my sense of smell but I only used it twice a day for 5 days and not as often as the package recommended.