15 February 2008

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Yes, I realize it's the ides of February already, and well, I spent the big day yesterday, working and then getting my hair did. Siiiiigh, I am turning into high maintenance girl after having spent my life as no maintenance girl. Anyway, I spent last Saturday happily celebrating the Day of the Valentine with the lovely Sassafras Mama. And it was grand and most delightful.

Tonight, I spent hosting a Reiki Circle, as I do the third Friday of most months. Reiki is a hands on healing modality and at the circles we generally talk about what Reiki is and why people do it and might like to receive it and so forth. And what it all boils down to is unconditional love. Sometimes absolute strangers walk into the room and after we've spoken about Reiki, offer an explanation, and a guided meditation and hands on reiki, they often talk excitedly about what they felt and are curious about what it means. And they keep coming back.

No comments: