04 September 2006

Stupid House Tricks

Went to open my bedroom window wider this morning (and of course, was topless) and broke the window, specifically the frame guts. I'm glad that I didn't break the window glass, the prospect of picking glass shards out of the twins does not ever loom as an attractive option (and especially now since I have a proper bra to tote them around in). But instead, I broke the mechanism that allows the window to open sideways for cleaning, which also allows the window to open normally for ventilation. This is not ever a good thing, so there I stood in all of my gravitationally challenged glory as a procession of neighbors out for either their morning walks, newspapers or garbage can retrieval or even simply to see what in hell that ass in 22 is up to now, fighting with the window structures. It's closed, may be that way until I get it replaced.

No comments: